Friday, December 05, 2008

Never Boring Over Here

Well, it's never really quiet over here. The week has been flying by. Usually most days during the week, all I have time for is to get each child through their school assignments for the day, do laundry, work on meals, and sometimes I take time to breathe slowly in and out - in a bathroom, with the door locked, sometimes even in the dark - maybe I should try earplugs in there, hmm....

But some days, I guess that's not enough work for me. Yesterday I thought I was going to have a few extra minutes in my day. School had started early because we leave for special classes at 7:30, which gets everyone up and going strong. In the afternoon, I got a phone call that reminded me that they wanted my dh to speak on etiquette for men (boys) at speech club.

So, since I had a few extra minutes, I helped him out by researching and writing a speech for him. As I was putting the finishing details on it, Duke came and told me Drum was really hurt.

Yep, he was. I got him off the ice and in the house. My Dad was due over in 30 minutes, PTL for timing. He ended up getting called for a case at the hospital, so Drum and I went with him, while Dunk, Dot, and Dime headed to speech. My dear in-laws came to watch the others.

End result was: Drum broke his proximal humerus. (humerus=upper arm bone, -proximal meaning closest to the body. The antonym of that being distal - farthest away from the body. Medical speak) We spent almost 3 hours at the ER to get a bunch of x-rays, an arm support thingy (not medical speak), and the news to see the orthopedic Dr. in the morning.

So, I was exhausted last night, looking so forward to a good night's sleep, before a busy day tomorrow. Dear, sweet Darling woke up at 4:30!!!!!!! She flipped and flopped! Wanted water, a book, milk, nursing, etc. She watched Daddy get up for work. I finally got up and made her oatmeal. I think with all that went on last night, she didn't get enough supper to take her the whole night. She ate the whole bowl clean. Then we read books til she was sleepy enough to go back to sleep. (about 7:15) Then I can't get back to sleep, so I'm letting y'all know my happenings. I really better get out the door for exercise, then cleaned up to take Drum in. I think I'm going to buy a coke today - because, like my son Dime said, that's what they invented pop for!

5 comments:

Joyful Noise said...

That is usually how it goes...the days that you think you will get a little time something happens but the days that you think are going to be so busy end up being not so busy...hopefully you can get one of the latter today!!

Hope Drum is okay - major bummer!

Grandma J said...

If it ain't one thing, it's another! You're going to have to wrap those guys up in bubble wrap before you let them out the door!

Qtpies7 said...

I have been to the hospital 3 times this week, lol. Thankfully only one was an emergency, but one other one was an injury, and one sports physical. It really wears on a mom.

Qtpies7 said...

I sent your Norton prize home with your husband today. Donnie would forget, so I thought I'd let you know.
Oh, and in your email about the milk it was all blank except some huge attachment I couldn't open, so I don't know if Tuesday is a plan or not.

Julie said...

How exhausting. I'm hoping you atleast got a nap.