We had a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday! It was restful and interesting and fun. :-) I certainly have a ton to be thankful for, which I passed on to God while I was jogging one morning. Maybe I'll do a post on that another time.
Wednesday we went grocery shopping, then Dot and her friend made pie crusts, while we all helped fill them. We made pumpkin, 3 pecan, blueberry, lemon meringue, and custard. We ate some that night with Dunk's folks. We brought the rest to my folks on Thanksgiving Day to join the pies my Mom had made.
Thursday it sure was fun to have time with family and eat my Mom's delicious food! :-) We were all appropriately stuffed. In the afternoon we took a hike on the property. The weather was gorgeous. Sunny and not too cold. The kids rode the tractor around, played soccer, hiked all over, and had a blast. After supper, my Mom gave the youngest two a bath, and then we loaded up for the ride home. BUT, my 4 boys stayed with their grandparents! :-) They were so excited to not have to go home and get to drag out the fun. We took the girls home and watched a movie in peace and quiet. Darling quickly fell asleep, so I got to really enjoy the movie and my dh's popcorn.
Friday Darling had a Dr. checkup. Her lungs are tons better. We'll have to keep working on her iron levels. Last night I put some molasses in milk with chocolate flavoring to hide it. She drank it right up. I will try that again! The boys came home in the afternoon, and we put up the Christmas tree!! We had a nice supper together. (Well, if one forgets that everyone was starting to get a 'little' crabby from all the fun. :-) We are a 'real' family after all.)
Saturday we had a quiet day at home. Dunk had a service call, so we hung out and putzed on 'stuff'. I had an incredible amount of laundry. Still do!! In the afternoon, Dh and I spent an hour and a half looking for our missing items. We found Duke's unicycle, the missing craft tub, but NO SKATES. We are so bummed, but trying not to mourn about just skates, and start the process of getting some new ones. Hopefully someone will have brought some to Goodwill.
In the evening we decided to run to Wal-mart. Poor Drum reminded me he does not plan to wear his black shoes, no matter what, on Monday, because they are so small. They've been too small for so long, but we keep forgetting. He remembered!! on Saturday not Monday!! lol :-) So we went shoe shopping. We found some he was thrilled with, and some other clothes for the growing kid.
On the way home, our dd Dot called. She and Dime had hit a deer!!! They were on the way home from a birthday party and friend's house and were surprised by a deer. After meeting with the policeman, we decided to take the deer (no one got one hunting this year). So, the boys had the job of getting it home, gutting it, and hanging it up. Poor Darling, she was so excited to see the deer, and then could hardly grasp what they were doing to it!! The next day she kept pointing at the deer out the window sadly saying, "Deer hanging." I had to distract her. :-)
After church Sunday, my folks brought the turkey leftovers!! We had lunch, then my Mom and I decided to do some shopping, while Dunk and the boys skinned and cut up the deer. Dime ended up doing 90% of the project, because he was loving it! (Boys) I found new black slacks for Christmas, a pair of jeans (so I now have 2 pair!!), and a couple tops. My most exciting find was a one-piece snowsuit for Darling!!! We decided to check "Once Upon a Child", and there was just one there, and it was her size - 3T! PTL. It fits her to a T.
Monday - we are all sad for the end to a great long weekend. The laundry is piled so high!! and no one wants to start school, but here we go.... :-)
3 comments:
Ugh, that is too bad that the skates still haven't turned up.
I am glad that no one got hurt from the accident! They are not fun - I have hit two deer (both on the Saturday of opening weekend).
I feel your pain. My laundry pile is huge also from our weekend of fun. I'll be thinking of you while I'm sorting through it all.
Post a Comment