Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little Details

I'm constantly amazed at the little details in life. Sometimes the "little" details are not so little for that day, but in the grand scheme of life they are. I need to get some laundry done, pay a bill, file some papers, talk with Dime, visit a friend, find a receipt, bake bread, deal with Darling, etc, etc. They are all little details, but they are important at the same time.
Anyways, lately I've been spending a lot of time on those little details. :-)
Meanwhile, I've been thinking about friends who have had huge weeks on top of all those little details. Their little details are on top of big deals like dealing with a wedding and surgery for a baby. They've been in my prayers a lot.
Drum made it home from Leadership Quest. It was a great experience for him. Yeah!
Dime headed off to camp this morning. Next Sunday, Dot heads to Haiti, and Deer heads to camp with her friends. It feels like such a busy June. The guys and I are gearing up for a huge local airshow where we'll be volunteering. They have Flight Marshaling Training in a week in preparation for it. I'm excited for the activity, but there sure have been a ton of little details in arranging for it. Whew!
Drum's excited as he's earned enough to get his own phone. When the kids get their license, we require that they get a phone line added to ours, and pay monthly. Besides paying their bill, they are responsible to keep it charged and with them when they drive. He's looking forward to purchasing his. I'm enjoying watching my kids grow up. :-) Another one of those little details that mean so much. :-)

1 comment:

Joyful Noise said...

So right - so many details for big events that sometimes if you forget one of the little details it affects the bigger details but they are behind the scenes and in the long run forgotten. Pray that all your little details get done and life isn't as crazy for you.