Last night we had an awesome end-of-the-year speech party!!! Dunk & I, Dot, Drum, Dime, and Deer went to the party. Duke, Dessert, and Darling were at Gma & Gpa's. We had pizza and snacks, listened to speeches, and played games. Dot got the "Still Water Runs Deep" Award for her intellectual thinking, Drum got the "Defender of Life" Award for his piece on Horton and "A person's a person no matter how small", Dime got the "Barnabas Award" for his encouraging smile and positive demeanor at speech club, and Deer got the "Awesome Timer" Award for her reliability with timing. We sure had a great year, and already look forward to next year!! The grown-ups were as reluctant to leave as the children. :-)
It is going to be fun to have a quieter weekend. At least be home more of the weekend. Dunk's got a guy's event on Sat. for a couple hours. It's an open house with motorcycles!! The boys are all looking forward to it. :-) I think the girls and I are going to stay home. :-) Yeah! I think I'm going to make another batch of tapioca pudding. I love it warm and cold. I also got a ton of raking to do, to put my rocks back in the driveway and off the grass. Papa likes to plow way back. It is so nice to have the sunshine to rake in. Maybe I should get out my shorts and start on my tan while I'm raking. :-) Well, maybe a little early.
I'm looking forward to next weekend already. Dunk and the older boys are going to be gone at a CAP event, Deer has a birthday party to go to, and so Dot has invited a couple friends over, and I invited their Mom over!! We are going to walk, watch a movie, and have a grand time. I may have to check with Gma & Gpa for the younger boys. :-) My good friend also has her birthday that weekend and I can't wait to celebrate it with her. Lot's of girl time ahead!! :-)
I was talking to Dime about his fun weekends ahead. He said yeah, but I've got so many days inbetween that are so awful!! He means school days! Good grief!! He's not that overworked at all! He needs an attitude adjustment about school. He's got too many days ahead, to think so negative about it already. He just is overwhelmed right now, because he puts things off, and now he has a heap of work to do to catch up. He's learning to do today's work today and get about the process. Then it won't seem so much. He's my kid who can spend an hour eating breakfast, 30 min getting his schoolbooks out, 20 minutes finding the right pencil, and 10 minutes telling his brother to be quiet. Then after 10 minutes of school, complain about how long school takes! I've got too much to do to always be right on his tail. Plus, he's got to learn to want to get his stuff done. We've come up with some motivators and he's learning! :-) (I hope.)
Well, better get my kiddos moving. On time Deer is already up and at 'em, but gotta get the rest moving. They are slow from our late party!!
1 comment:
How fun! Drew has one more speech meet to go.
Post a Comment