Our big news lately was that Drum & Dime graduated from EPS with CAP. They had a very intense weekend of getting yelled at, doing PT outside before 6:00am., learning to iron their beds to pass inspections, taking classes, and tons more PT. :-) The officer that Drum is shaking hands with was so nice and cheerful! She greeted the parents, and when the cadets were cleaning the building before they could leave, she gave an impromtu parents meeting with lots of helpful information. What a blessing. Our boys had a challenging learning experience and came back changed. This last week, I woke up one morning to find Drum, Dime, & Duke out jogging!! I have had trouble getting Dime out of bed, and his brother getting up and getting out motivated him to get going. They were out in their PT gear singing marching songs. I've seen improved attitudes in other areas and it has been such a blessing.
Dot had an orthodontist appointment this past week. She now has rubber connecting her jaws. Her poor sore cheeks and teeth! She been trying to wear them nonstop so she can get them off asap. She had wires coming out both side, and being the great mom that I am, I thought it would be a great blackmail picture. But despite my sneakiness in getting out the camera, she noticed and put up her hands! :-)
Little Darling got to try a chocolate candy bar for the first time. It was a good day!!
This week Dunk got a job!! He heads out-of-state for a few days each week for a few weeks. It's so nice to have in-laws live next door and family close. We are so thankful for his job. Please pray for the kids as they make the adjustment to Dad being gone. PTL for cell phones. The rest of us at home will be busy wrapping up the last few weeks of school. Dot got a job in town, and I can't believe my oldest is a wage earner. It is starting slow, but the change is happening.
1 comment:
I was planning to complain about the lack of posting, but you finally posted again!
Praise the Lord for a new job! Travelling can be hard on a family, but it can also be good for the family. Donnie traveled for 6 years. Having a paycheck tends to help the whole being gone part.
Donnie is job hunting while fighting not to lose his job right now.
Today I found a strange site, too. I woke up and found Devon praying on the couch even though he was getting close to being tardy at school. He was just "starting his day." Something at Districts must have struck him.
Post a Comment