Sunday, November 01, 2009

Duke's Big News :-)

I forgot to document Duke & my big news!

We finished "Brisingr"!!!!!!!
We've been reading through "The Inheritance Cycle" for about a year and a half.
We've read "Eragon," "Eldest," and now "Brisingr." I was really hoping the new book, "Eldunari," would be out before we finished "Brisingr," but nope. We both can hardly wait! I think we'll be purchasing the book at Wal-Mart the day it comes out. Early in the day!
What a great story. I will say (for those with younger kids) that I left a few lines out that were tough for younger ears. Only a few lines, and he didn't miss anything. He'll be able to read it later, but it won't stand out so much, as it would if it was the first time he heard it. I thought the connection between Eragon and his dragon, Saphria, was alot like the relationship between a Christian and the Holy Spirit. I'm really eager to hear how Paolini ends the story.

Now if I can only get some girl friends to read the books, so we can discuss them!!

No comments: