Monday, July 13, 2009

Diaperless!!

I was planning sometime this summer to potty train Darling. I had the undies and small chair all ready; I was just waiting for the right week. Well, Darling jumped the gun. :-) One morning, about a month ago, she wanted to wear underwear. I didn't really want to deal with it, because of a busy day, but who says no to a child who wants to wear underwear! So, I put it on and remembered occasionally to ask if she had to go. She went several times. One accident, if I remember right. Then at night, she wanted to wear underwear to bed. Nope! Didn't want a wet bed. She fussed, but got over it. That night she woke up during the night and told me she needed to use the potty. I couldn't believe it.
Well, to make the story shorter. She wore undies the next day, and that has been it. Except for an occasional diaper the first week, she has worn undies since. We've had two wet beds, and a few wet undies, but otherwise she's done great!! She basically potty trained herself. Wow! I guess she wanted to be the first child in the family to do something. I'm glad she chose this! :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What an accomplishment!! Yay! I bet you are feeling a bit less stressed!